Jackson College of Education is the Teacher Education Department of Jackson Educational Complex. The College operates by Distance Learning, meaning you can live in the comfort of your home, work and at the same time study to obtain a 3-year Diploma Certificate in Basic Education.
Admission into the 2018/2019 Academic Year is ongoing. Kindly apply for an opportunity in the 2018/2019 Academic Year.
For further information about the admission procedure, please click here >>>
Life After Admission
Once you are admitted into Jackson College of Education, you become part of a community of students ready to be groomed into a good human resource through excellent educational instruction. After admission, we welcome you to a whole new world of experience that opens you to greater opportunities which will help you achieve your academic dreams.
Begin your journey with our carefully structured orientation programme. Newly admitted students are taken through this programme as an overview and insight into the Diploma in Basic Education (DBE) programme and how it operates on the distance learning principle. Areas of particular interest include:
- The concept of the distance learning programme
- The course duration, course outline, examinations and semester arrangements
- The student portal
- The grading system
- The general code of conduct
Many other areas of relevance to fresh students are covered during the orientation programme, with experienced facilitators leading the workshops. The orientation workshops are organized nationwide and present the fresh students with a good start to the Diploma in Basic Education (DBE) programme while equipping them for the task ahead. Orientation schedules are such that if you miss one in your Region, you can conveniently join another in the other Regions.
Once you have gone through the orientation programme, you are good to go. Choose from over 30 learning centres, spread across the length and breadth of the country and study in any one of our most exciting centres to have a student experience like never before in your lifetime. Face-to-face learning experience gives the student the rare opportunity to interact with our qualified and seasoned tutors specially handpicked to train the students in the best practices of the teaching field.
One unique innovation you cannot miss as you embark on your journey to obtaining a Diploma in Basic Education (DBE) at Jackson College of Education is the modules (i.e. textbooks covering the various courses). With the challenges of getting learning materials for courses in the Colleges of Education, the Jackson College of Education modules come in handy and are user-friendly. Our highly interactive modules are useful materials that cover the various courses and enable one to study on his/her own pace and convenience as they prepare for the next tutorial session. Moreover, our modules are comprehensive and students do not have to spend extra money on supplementary textbooks or handouts. However, you may acquire additional learning materials at your own volition. Every student is provided with modules to cover all the subjects for a particular semester. Courses at Jackson College of Education encompass a huge number of subjects and study options and are designed to prepare the students for the teaching field, equipping them for every good work.
Every centre has a well-established Student Representative Council – SRC. The SRC in the organizational structure plays a key role by bridging the gap between the students and the management. The leaders of the SRC are elected at the beginning of the academic year and undergo periodic training. The SRC assist the centre supervisor to manage the centre and they address the welfare of the students with a professional touch.
Great opportunities await you as you study at Jackson College of Education.
- Financial Aid: You have the opportunity of accessing the Student Loan Trust Fund (SLTF) as a financial supporting aid to all who may be interested.
- National Service Secretariat: You have the opportunity to be enrolled in the National Service Scheme right after your successful tutelage.
- Job Openings: With our genuine certificate awarded by the University of Education, Winneba, you are assured of enjoying the privileges of working as a professional teacher in both the public and private sectors.
- Advanced Education: You are merited with the opportunity to advance your educational status in every university of your choice, whether in the country or beyond.
- Upgrading and Promotions: Public and private workers in both formal and informal sectors are opportune to upgrade themselves for promotions. The good news is that you can work and study at the same time due to our distance learning modus operandi.
- Maximized Employability: Acquire a wide range of transferable skills and knowledge base that increase your employability prospects and broaden your career opportunities in any field of your interest.
- Partnerships: The institution’s strong ties with other top industry players offer our students and alumni unimaginable educational and professional experiences.
As one of the fastest growing institutions in the sub-region, some of our remarkable achievements include among others, innovations that have won both local and international recognition. In 2014, JEC won an award from the Micjoy Educational Excellence Awards (Ghana) for being the most influential College of Education in Ghana. In April 2015, the Business Initiative Directions (BID), headquartered in Spain, awarded Jackson Educational Complex the Gold Category – Frankfurt 2015, International Arch of Europe for excellence in quality, innovation and technology. In July 2015, the Europe Business Assembly (EBA) – UK, recognized JEC as one of the Best Enterprises in the field of the educational sphere in Ghana. In August 2015, the World Confederation of Businesses (WORLDCOB) – USA, awarded JEC for the Business Excellence Award, The Bizz 2015. World Business Assembly (WBA) Golden European Award for Quality and Business Prestige in 2016. Micjoy Advertising and the Academic Diary Newspaper 2017 African Quality Award for providing excellent distance learning education in Ghana.