Making it your target not to pass through the College alone but letting the College pass through you is a step closer to becoming a good product of the College. Therefore work hard in silence and let success make the noise.
One of the greatest ways of ensuring that you are on top of your game with the principle of distance learning is getting information. Current students are privileged to have various platforms to access information at Jackson College of Education.
You can download the Student Handbook by clicking the button below.
CALENDAR FOR 2020/21 ACADEMIC YEAR, SEMESTER 1
|1.||1, 2 & 3||Fee Payment and Registration||January 11 – April 25, 2021|
|2.||1, 2 & 3||Release of Sem 2 Results / Resit Registration||February 22, 2021|
|3.||1, 2 & 3||Resit Examination
(Semester 2, 2019/20 Courses Only)
|March 13 – 14, 2021|
|4.||1, 2 & 3||Distribution of Modules /
Picture Taking for ID Cards
|March 20 – 21, 2021|
|5.||1, 2 & 3||Peer Assisted Learning||March 26, 2021|
|6.||1, 2 & 3||Face-to-Face||March 27 – 28, 2021|
|7.||1, 2 & 3||Online Tuition / Assignment||April 10 – 11, 2021|
|8.||1, 2 & 3||Peer Assisted Learning||April 16, 2021|
|9.||1, 2 & 3||Online Tuition||April 17 – 18, 2021|
|10.||1, 2 & 3||Face-to-Face /
Submission of Assignment / Semester Registration Ends
|April 24 – 25, 2021|
|11.||1, 2 & 3||Mid-Semester Examination (Virtual)||May 7 – 9, 2021|
|12.||1, 2 & 3||Online Tuition||May 15 – 16, 2021|
|13.||1, 2 & 3||Peer Assisted Learning||May 21, 2021|
|14.||1, 2 & 3||Face-to-Face||May 22 – 23, 2021|
|15.||1, 2 & 3||Continuous Professional Development (CPD)||May 29, 2021|
|16.||1, 2 & 3||Peer Assisted Learning||June 3, 2021|
|17.||1, 2 & 3||Online Tuition||June 5 – 6, 2021|
|18.||1, 2 & 3||Peer Assisted Revision||June 11, 2021|
|19.||1, 2 & 3||Face-to-Face / Revision||June 12 – 13, 2021|
|20.||1, 2 & 3||Examination (Physical)||June 19 – 20, 2021|
|21.||1, 2 & 3||Examination (Physical)||June 26, 2021|
* Students are to pay FULL FEES or adhere to the payment plan below.
Fees For The 2022/2023 Academic Year
- The Fees for the 2022/23 Academic Year are as follows;
|ONE TIME (FULL) PAYMENT PLAN – DEADLINE- (28TH FEB 2023)||
INSTALMENT PAYMENT PLAN **
|DEADLINE – 1ST SEM REGISTRATION (5th MARCH 2023)||DEADLINE – 2ND SEM REGISTRATION (1ST AUGUST 2023) *||TOTAL INSTALMENT PAYMENT|
|B.ED DEGREE (FRENCH OPTION)||1||4,230.00||2,638.00||1,792.00||4,430.00|
|B.ED DEGREE (FRENCH OPTION)||2||4,230.00||2,638.00||1,792.00||4,430.00|
|B.ED DEGREE (FRENCH OPTION)||3||4,230.00||2,638.00||1,792.00||4,430.00|
|B.ED DEGREE (FRENCH OPTION)||4||4,480.00||2,778.00||1,892.00||4,680.00|
* Tentative Date may be subject to change
** Delayed payments will attract GHS 50 per month until arears cleared.
Jackson College of Education reserves the right to amend as deemed necessary
Note: All students are STRONGLY RECOMMENDED to apply to the Students’ Loan Trust Fund for Tuition Loans
apply here – https://application.sltf.gov.gh to apply
- Use your Student Number as the payment ID to pay your Tuition Fees to JACKSON EDUCATIONAL COMPLEX at any of the outfits listed below through their corresponding payment channels only.
|SecurePay (JEC Online Payment Portal)||https://securepay.jackson.edu.gh|
|Agricultural Development Bank (ADB)||Transflow|
|Cal Bank||School Fees Collection System|
|Sinapi Aba Savings and Loans (SASL)||Transflow|
- NOTE THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY:
- Any mode of payment apart from the above-mentioned will NOT be accepted. Paying fees in cash to Supervisors, by bank draft, or directly into the College’s accounts is strictly prohibited. The College shall not intervene in any complications arising from non-compliance with this directive.
- Students are advised to apply for loans from the Student Loan Trust Fund (SLTF) if they need financial support. In view of this provision, no one should write to the Head Office requesting for extension. Any student who cannot meet the deadline for paying fees should defer accordingly.
- Fees paid are neither transferable nor refundable under any condition.
Charges for students’ services are as follows:
|3||English Proficiency Certificate||40.00|
|6||Verification of Results||30.00|
Student Portal (MyJEC360)
MyJEC360 is a new online platform for students to access information anytime and anywhere once they are connected to the Internet. You can read all the important notices, print your admission letter, register for semester courses, check school fees arrears, check and print your examination results, register trailed courses for resit exams, view and download vital resources such as face-to-face, quiz and examination timetables, assignment questions, academic calendar, learning guide, etc.
This platform also gives students access to important products and services critical to their academic life in the College.
The Products include:
- College T-shirt
- Wrist Band
- Flying Tie
The Services include:
- Verification of Supplementary Results
- Introductory Letter
- Academic Transcript (Official Copy)
- Academic Transcript (Student Copy)
- Attestation Letter
- English Proficiency Certificate
- Transfer of Learning Centre
- Deferral of Programme
- Resumption of Programme
- ID Card Replacement
- Resit Exam Registration
- Supplementary Semester Registration
Mode of Application
- From the main menus, click on ‘Products and Services’ and select ‘Add New’.
- Enter your phone number on which the Office can contact you with regards to your purchase/application.
- Select the products and services you want and click ‘Add to Cart’
- Where applicable, select where you would like to collect the items. That is, either at the JEC Head Office (during working hours only) or the Learning Centre (during face-to-face only).
- Click the ‘Checkout’ button to submit the products and services in your cart.
Mode of Payment
Print the generated invoice and make payment using the Invoice Number as the payment/reference ID at any branch of ADB, CAL Bank, ECOBANK, GCB Bank, Republic Bank.
Platforms for Paying Fees
With the utilisation of technology, tuition fees and monies relating to requests for attestation/introductory letter, transcript, graduation fees, JEC paraphernalia, etc. can be paid stress-free through the School Fees Payment System at Cal Bank and Transflow at Ecobank, ADB, GCB Bank or Republic Bank only.
With all these avenues in place, students who fail to pay their fees in full will not have their semester academic results released to them.
With Jackson College of Education, life got even better. You can now access the Student’s Loan Trust Fund (SLTF), enrol for National Service and have the chance to be employed as a professional teacher. You can also be gainfully employed even as you study. The Degree certificate awarded can also be used to access GES appointments.
Student’s Loan Trust Fund
The Student’s Loan Trust Fund (SLTF) is a government initiative to provide financial resources to enhance tertiary education by supporting students. Luckily for JEC students, the institution has been fully integrated with the Student’s Loan Trust Fund and JEC students have been given equal chances as students from the regular Colleges of Education to apply for the loan. This stems from the fact that JEC is fully accredited by the National Accreditation Board and runs a 4-year Bachelor of Education, a 2-year Top-Up to Bachelor of Education (Post Diploma) programme and a 3-year non-terminal Diploma in Basic Education which are all fully accredited. This gives our students a rare opportunity over students of many other private institutions.
Loan applications are usually opened in September and end in July of the following year. The loan facility is given each academic year and as such students whose applications are approved in the first year can enjoy the facility three times. Students whose loans are granted will not have to apply again the following year but will receive the loan amount each year till they complete the course.
The Student’s Loan Trust Fund will give you two clear years after graduation before you will be required to repay the loan. The JEC SRC presidents are trained to serve as Loan Ambassadors at their respective centres. The SRC presidents, as well as Staff Liaison Officers from the Head Office, are to guide students to access the Student’s Loan Trust Fund.
For further enquiries on the Student’s Loan Trust Fund, please click here >>>
National Service Scheme
Three easy steps on how to enrol in the National Service Scheme at Jackson College of Education
Students of Jackson College of Education have the opportunity to enrol in the National Service Scheme after completing their programme of study.
Steps to Follow
- Students are to use their exam numbers to fetch their PINs on the NSS website.
- Pay a specified amount at selected banks.
- And then register at the National Service Secretariat with their payment slips for posting.
- JEC Students must complete their programme before starting their service after registering at the District to secure their posting.
- Students already incorporated in Ghana Education Service can still enrol in the National Service Scheme but cannot take the allowance as the Government is already paying them.
- Students who have not been posted must report at the Regional National Service Secretariat for immediate action to be taken.
For further enquiries on the National Service Scheme, please click here >>>